Friday, January 18, 2008

Reflecting on the past

My mom came across something that Bethany (my daughter - her granddaughter) had written to her when Bethany was 9. I just had to share with everyone, as it is so sweet. This photo does show why Bethany would write these things. This photo was when Bethany was about 3.

Here is what Bethany had written. She had drawn a picture for her too, but I just copied the text, just like Bethany had written it.

Ten reasons why I love my Mamaw Nina

Written by Bethany 03/26/96


1. She does the funest things with us.

2. She never spanks us, NEVER.

3. She is funny.

4. She loves us.

5. She is good to be with.

6. She makes stuff for us.

7. She is always kind.

8. She is fun to be with.

9. Things are always beder when she is around.
10. At her house she has the best toys, you’ve got to see them.

This photo was taken when Bethany was about 10.

Time goes by so quickly. My children are grown now, I can't believe it. What wonderful daughters I have.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Kimberly!! How sweet is that!! How is your mom doing? Please tell her I said hi, I havn't talked to her in years. Have a nice weekend!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,
How special for your mom to have that written about her. i'm sure she's always been a wonderful grandma.

I hope you're having a great weekend, and that marisa is enjoying her camp.

Lots of love 'n hugs. xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kimberly, you are so right, the time goes so fast and I cannot believe Bethany and Marisa both are grown up. They are the sweetest young ladies I know. You have definitely taught them some great values.I have such special memories. I will always treasure the special times I have been with them and look forward to many more. I remember these pictures and I was so happy to find the paper she had written for me when she was younger. I was surprised to see it here on your blog.
Love you all so much
Mom

Darylynn said...

Hi Kimberly! Thanks for visiting. Your children are lucky to have a great relationship with their grandmother. My kids adored my mom, too, and I hope I can be a wonderful grandmother to my 1st grandchild, Ryan. :) (((Hugz)))