Well today mark's the 2nd year of the day that my dear friend Dawn passed away. I have thought of those last weeks, and the last day many times in these past few weeks. She has had a glorious past two years, as she has been in heaven. I do miss her so, but know that her suffering has been over. She was a great inspiration to many, and a great person.
She had one of the prettiest smiles I've ever seen; and even when she was in extreme pain, and feeling horrible, she managed to still smile (as this was one of those times).
*************************
On a happy note; the little girl that Marisa babysits for and a great friend of mine's daughter celebrated her 6th birthday today; isn't she cute!!! We got a little cake for her so she could celebrate with Marisa while she was here today.

5 comments:
A very bittersweet post...
Dawn indeed was beautiful, both inside and out. We were so sad to lose her.
The birthday girl is a dolly. :)
I remember when dawn passed. So sad. I am thinking about you today.
Have fun with Marisa's birthday girl. The cake looks delish!! ((BIG HUGS))!!
Oh how I remember those last few days with Dawn, the picture of her pretty smiling face is such a remembrance of how she was always happy and such a sweet person even till the end. We can rejoice now that she is in heaven with no pain and suffering even though we do miss her.
I am so pleased you have the memories of a wonderful friend in Dawn. I know it brings you much comfort to know she is safely in heaven...free from her pain and suffering, but I know you still miss her and a hole has been left since she's been gone.
I'm praying for Marisa for her test at 3pm, I'm sure she will be just fine, but I understand the nerves too.
You're blitzing us at the swimming...good on you. Such talent is greatly respected around the world I am sure.
Isn't Amanda's daughter a cutie, such big expressive eyes. How special you gave her a cake on her birthday.
Luv ya, xx
We'll never forget this wondeful lady!
Post a Comment