Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend

Well the weekend started out really good, and I got a lot done on Fri, fun cleaning ha! etc; and then on Sat Marisa and I went up town and walked around the square one time, it was our annual Heritage Days Festival; where there are craft booths, food booths, etc. We ate a taco in a bag, and a lemon shake up, and then walked back to the church for our choir practice as we were practicing one extra time before Sunday when the choir would sing on the square. We have done that for several years now.

Well in the night on Sat I woke up with severe pain in my lower pelvis and back (typical kidney stone pain!!!) for me; but not at all fun. I could not sleep. I finally took something to try and relieve the pain, and was able to sleep awhile. I woke up at 6:30 as I was planning to go to the early service so we would have more time before the choir sang. Well needless to say I was in no shape to go. I did not feel like it at all. I have had several bouts with kidney stones and they have always affected me the same way; feels like a very bad urinary infection; but yet I don't have one. I am feeling better today; but certainly not great; just a general yucky feeling. So I'm trying to drink lots of water, and lots more water. That's the only way to flush them out. I was told back in December when I had a CT scan because I was having colon issues that I have multiple stones on the right side; well for the most part they haven't caused me any trouble; just an occasional twinge here and there (ooh that might be one - something like that); but now they are raising their ugliness and causing me a few fits. Hopefully something will pass soon, or they will decide to stay put. They are not blocking; so there isn't anything else that can be done.

I thank everyone who has been praying for me, as I know that helps! Thanks again!

Even though I didn't get to sing Marisa still did, and I missed her special with two other gals, and I am sad about that; I was told it was great!! So I leave you with a few photos.

For awhile on Sunday we didn't think it was going to be possible to have the choir sing, as it kept raining and raining; but God is so good; He allowed it to stop about 30 min or so before it was time. There was a 45 min delay so others could do their parts before us; and then the choir was able to sing.

Our new worship Pastor and his wife sang a duet. Keep in mind it was bright out, after the rain and they were facing the sun.

Below "little britches" has a different perspective.

She thought she needed binoculars, so she made her own, how cute!!!!

5 comments:

Nina said...

So sorry you didn't get to go Sunday for the Heritage days Choir Special Singing, but glad Marisa could go and take some pictures for you.

Praying you feel better soon
Love You

Anonymous said...

Did you send these pics to Pastor David? He was looking for someone who took pics. They are really good!

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my prayers in regards your kidney stone isues. I hope all that water will do it's work. The choir looked great, I'm sure they did an awesome job. The t-shirts looked excellent too.

Have a good painfree day. Lots of love. xx

Anonymous said...

Don't we make a fine pair, your stones and my teeth...I'm ready to be all better, how about you?

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories of "Heritage Days". Glad the choir was able to sing and enjoyed seeing the photos. I heard they did all of our old songs and I still have my T-shirt.