Thursday, December 11, 2008

More about our visit!!


Friday of last week my dear friend Julie and her family came to our house for a visit; all the way from Australia. What a treat it was. The first thing she did was give me this adorable gift that she had made herself, handmade!!! This adorable bear made the trip all the way from Australia. I sure appreciate all the hours that she spent creating this adorable bear. I forgot to ask her if it has been named already or if I get to name her/him. I must ask her that. It is made out of mohair and oh so sweet. It will be cherished always. Thank you so much Julie!!!

The little bear was wrapped in a beautiful package inside this basket with this adorable tree, and chocolate candies all around it. They were yummy!
When we met at the place where I work in town at the doctor's office I was able to show them all around and show her where my desk and everything else is that I tell her about. I didn't take any photos while we were there. But then on Saturday we did go to the fire station and show them all around. Dave took these great photos while we were there. I really like the one above and plan to have it enlarged. Thanks Dave!




On Saturday morning the ground was covered with a beautiful blanket of snow. It was so beautiful outside. Julie took these lovely photos out my window. I really like how they turned out. Since they don't have snow in Australia normally where they live or basically not at all; it was a treat for them to see snow when they awoke.

On Friday night when they arrived we ate at our house and my mom, dad, and my sister and her family came and ate with us as well. It was a lot of fun. Then on Sunday they were able to go to church with us, which was wonderful!!! Afterwards we took them to a local restaurant, and a friend of mine took this photo for us.


Tina took these photos of us after church service. What a treat to have them go with us to church. We had a wonderful time with them and the memories will live with us forever. They are a great family and it was great getting to know them better. Bruce and Dave chatted a lot and got to learn a lot more about each other. They plan to email back and forth and keep in touch. I am so thankful that they were all able to come and they are welcomed back any time. They have also invited us to Australia and that would be a great trip, but not sure if that will ever happen; but hopefully some day it will.

2 comments:

Nina said...

So nice that your friend could come and visit with you all the way from Australia. The family was so friendly and nice. I am glad we got to visit with them also.

The bear is so cute. It is really special that she made it herself.

Anonymous said...

Oh look....your sweet Mom Nina has been here already! Hi Nina, so great to meet you too. xx

Since last nights mail was acting up and gobbled up the e-mail I sent you, I'm just letting you know that I just a few minutes ago e-mailed you, so if you don't get it please let me know so I can try again.

Love all the pics you added, I want to add some more to mine too and will. Please name the bear anything you wish. When I sell my bears I usually name them, but since that one was made especially for you, you can name it something that is meaningful for you. It was my absolute pleasure to do that for you. It's made from imported German Shultz mohair, and has been gently filled with pollyflock and steel shot was added to it's tummy to give it some weight. I'm so pleased you are happy to give him/her a home there with you. I'm always concerned when I send bears overseas to customers that customs may open them right up to look inside them to make sure nothing is hidden inside that shouldn't be there. I'm thankful that your little one passed through customs without any problems.

I'm off to bed, I'm sure you will be soon also. xxxx