Well since we forgot to take a photo of our lunch, which was hot dogs and apple pie; I used a general photo from the Internet, and of course Bruce had to watch some baseball too; so it was the typical American meal and if you're my husband, it's a holiday so you gotta watch some baseball. He of course loves the Cincinnati Reds.
We had a good 4th, however I had an ocular migraine on Thursday night, so my head wasn't feeling the best on Friday(4th). It's better today, but not back to normal yet. Migraine's are no fun, that's for sure. I could have done without that for the weekend.
Today was entry day for all the 4H entries. Marisa got all of hers entered. She will find out what awards she got after 2PM tomorrow.
I spent the day in the 4H barn setting up the photography boards for display. One of my dear friends is the superintendent, and I am the assistant, so while she is over with the judges (conference judging) I am over at the 4H barn getting them all lined up. Each entry has to be conference judged with the 4Her who has taken the photos. They can have up to 6 entries in photography so it can be a long process. After they are conference judged they bring them to me, and then I get them all lined up for the judge to come and award the Grand Champion and Reserve in each class. During the conference judging they are awarded a blue, red, or white ribbon. Well I ended up being there till 4PM. It was a long day, but it is fun. It wasn't as hot as it normally is, so that was good. Of course there is no air conditioning in the barn, so they have big fans, but if it is really hot they just move the hot air around. But, for the majority of the day it was not as bad today. There were many entries.
I will try to post some photos of Marisa entries later in the week. We help watch the barn with another couple on Tuesday night, so maybe I can take them then, or tomorrow afternoon, as we can go into the barn after 2PM on Sunday. She always wants to go as soon as possible, so she can see what awards she gets. All her photography entries were awarded a blue ribbon; but she is anxious to see if any of them received Grand or Reserve Champion. I can't say, as I do know, but she wants to see for herself.
Well I hope everyone has a great Sunday tomorrow!!!!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
4th of July
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Big Congrats to Marisa on her wonderful 4-H awards! Well done! Hope you enjoy the fair tomorrow night.
Luv ya. xx
Post a Comment