Friday, February 22, 2008

Marisa's Snow Day




Just had to share some of what Marisa did on her two snow days. On Thursday she kept Hailey while her mommy worked and they made paper dolls. They didn't get finished so Marisa spent some of today as well working on them for Hailey. She will give them to her later. She colored the little outfits for her. Aren't they cute. Then this afternoon Marisa started her 30 hour famine. The youth group at church is sponsoring this event through World Vision. She was to get sponsors for her going 30 hours without eating. It is a great way for the teens to relate to those in this world who do have to go with no food for many hours, or even days. They raised money to send to those who do not have food. Tomorrow evening they will end their 30 hour fast by sharing a meal together. They are having a get together tonight from 6-9 and then tomorrow from 2PM - 7:30PM; which will end the 30 hour famine. I am proud of her decision to participate in this special event.

3 comments:

CONNIE W said...

How cute are the paper dolls. I loved paper dolls as a girl and had many and made some too. I commend Marisa on her commitment to do the 30 hour famine.

I hope that now the weekend is here your mind can take a break from the office...Doc has told me how difficult putting this new computer system in practice live has been. I remember when we added the very first computer in 1987 and the late, late nights we spent up at the office getting ready. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Those paper dolls are awesome!! Marisa did a wonderful job!! That is great what she is doing for World Vision too!! GO MARISA!!!!
Have a nice weekend Kimberly!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

Anonymous said...

Hi sweeie,
I haven't forgotten you, just been a very busy weekend here.
Wow, Marias did a great job with the paper dolls. I always loved paper dolls when I was little.

Well done to Marisa, I've done that famine before and it's a long time to fast, but for a great cause. Great they can support & encourage each other.

Hope you're feeling better. Luv ya. xx