Friday, February 1, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Out our front window this morning, about 11:30, this was after the sand was put on and helped clear off the road. I think we got about 1" here.
This is out the back, our woods was very pretty, and a wintery white all over everything. What handiwork of God we see as we look upon the snow.
And here are the cutest little girls around. They loved it!!! They didn't even mind not being able to go to school if it meant going sledding for a bit!!!







We awoke to a wintery white look this morning. School was delayed 2 hours, and then by 8AM they had called it totally off; so that meant we got to sleep in some, yippee!!! All but Bruce as he had to be at work at 7AM. We really didn't get that much snow, but there was ice underneath it on the roads. They did come around 10:30AM and put sand on the road, and that helped clear it off. Roads are mostly clear now. But look at what fun the little girls had in the snow today!!! They love it!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, the snow is soooo pretty, and how wonderful the girls had such a good time sledding. Just love their snow suits too.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Thanks for sharing the pics, they are terrific.

Love you dearly, Julie. xx

CONNIE W said...

The girls brought back memories of my sisters & I playing in the snow on our sled and making a snowman. We didn't mind the cold because it was so fun. I still like the snow, but preferably admiring it from the window while remaining indoors where it's warm & dry. Driving in it is not my pleasure so I avoid that. Still, the beauty of the snow, the pure white, the stillness, it's all so beautiful and it makes me feel good.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, the snow is so pretty!! Enjoy!! Have a nice weekend!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,
Hope you guys had a great time after church watching the Superbowl & fellowshipping. I'm sure you did. From what I can tell your whole nation just about stops to watch it.

The snow is gone already, what a shame, but easier to get around huh?

Have a great Monday. Big huggles and lots of love. xx