Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mom still having problems

Well my dear mother is still having problems. Her right hand, the finger closest to the thumb is very swollen, the joints very red. The doctor says she needs to continue taking the steroids and not to use the hand, rest it. That will be difficult for my hard working mother; who doesn't usually sit still. She is to put heat on it as well. He still thinks it is some inflammatory process; just not sure which one. She will keep her rheumatology appointment on the 18th of June. We are praying the swelling goes down soon and that it doesn't show up anywhere else. She has been very tired from the medication. She is doing okay; but it is very hard for her to even bend the fingers on that hand, and there is some pain involved too.

If anybody has a yummy cheese ball recipe, I'd love to have them. I am making several for the graduation party; so any ideas, leave me a comment or email me. Thanks!

4 comments:

Darylynn said...

Hi Kimberly! Hope your mom feels better soon! My frind Joan from New Orleans has a cheese ball recipe she swears by. All her friends eat it up like crazy so I'll leave that for you. If it's a hit in N'awlins it has to be good!

Cheese Ball

1 lb. Velveeta Cheese
2-small Phil. Cream Cheese
2-pods of garlic (pressed)
1-cup of pecans (chopped real fine)
Mix all ingredients...I use my hands....shape into a ball or log. Serve with crackers

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear your sweet Mom is still suffering. It would be good to have some answers. I'll continue to keep her in my prayers.

Actually I have never had cheese ball, so unfortunately I don't have any recipes to send you...wish I did. Do you know what "Velveeta" cheese is that Darylynn mentioned in her recipe? The recipe sounds great doesn't it.

I've been busy trying to research our flights in preparation for booking out US trip. We plan to book it ASAP but want to get best deal. It looks like we will go from Sydney to LA, LA to Chicago, then on to Detroit. It's exciting but I want to get all the details just right. It's taken hours looking at various deals and airlines.

I hope you have had a great day. Oh my, it's getting so close for Marisa.

luv ya. xx

Anonymous said...

I hope "Mom" is doing better today.

Did I tell you that my dh bought me a lovely new Toshiba laptop for my birthday? I'm thrilled with it, it's got everything I could want and loads of space, DVD burner, card reader and is so fast at everything even with all my programs loaded.

Thank you for Marisa's Grad invite, yes of course we would love to be there but that Pacific puddle is just a bit too wide unfortunately. The cards turned out beautifully.

Brooke was helping me set up my laptop and she loved all the music here on your website when I showed her your blog, being the very musical girl that she is. I told her that you sing, and she said that she would love to hear you. Do you have any little recordings you could e-mail us? Don't worry if you can't but it would be great if you could.

I hope you've had a good day. I'm off to do my floors...erk! What fun! but so nice when they are done. Luv ya xx

Anonymous said...

Comgratulations to Marisa, I'm so pleased all went well. I look forward to hearing all about it. Enjoy the rest of your long weekend.

Luv ya, xx