Well I'm not real big on Halloween, but I do enjoy seeing children dress up in their favorite costumes and enjoyed taking my children to Mamaw & Papaws, and Aunt Tina's when they were little, to get candy. I don't appreciate the ugly costumes and the scary decorations at all. But a fall costume party is so fun. So I thought I would show you a few of the outfits my children enjoyed dressing up in over the years. I can't find some of them I know I have, but I am displaying the ones I could. Thought they were so funny!!! Come back tomorrow to see who our little "Trick or Treaters" were that came to visit us this year.
Well this is when Bethany was about 4 (I think).
Not sure where Marisa is, she would have been one then.
This is right inside the door of Mamaw's house.
This is one of my very favorites. Raggedy Ann & Andy. This one is very special because you won't believe it but these outfits are for these big Dolls that me and my sister had when we were little girls. My mom made us the Raggedy Ann & Andy dolls, and the clothes. I thought it was so neat that my children could actually wear the clothes. We made the wig for Bethany out of yarn. Bethany would have been 5 and Marisa 2. Aren't they adorable!!

Not sure this is Halloween, but it sure is fitting. Marisa was 5 and Bethany 8. They made these themselves, and if you look close you can see a smiling face under Bethany's sack. You can also see a few eyes. This is coming into Mamaw's house!

2 comments:
Oh, those sweet little faces with the cute costumes on. It seems like they should still be the ones coming to Mamaw & Papaws. Time has just flew, but the memories still linger and such sweet memories I have of them coming to our house.
Looking forward to the tradition of making Christmas Cookies with all the granddaughters soon and now there are 5 of those sweet girls, Thanks to my 2 wonderful daughters. It is so neat to have 2 grownup granddaughters and then 3 smaller ones who love to be together.
What precious memories, and I love the outfits and seeing how much the girls grew up between photos. Thank you for sharing, they are ever so cute.
How was your birthday? Did you have a nice day? I'm sure your family made it a very special celebration for you.
Luv you lots xxx
Post a Comment