Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Well another eventful week

Well this is Bethany's bad week this week. Unfortunately she has developed a kidney stone. On Tuesday AM she woke up and got ready for work. She started having a pain, but thought t would get better and went off to work. By the time she got to work she was in a significant amount of pain, and called me from work. She was beside herself. I told her she would just have to go home, there wasn't anything she could do. I left work and met her at home, so I could see how she was. She was in horrific pain. The place her pain was, was very typical of a kidney stone; but I wasn't sure. I took a urinary specimen into the office to have it checked. Sure enough it was full of blood, and the doctor said it surely was a stone. Well she took some pain medicine and the pain was able to be controlled; but she fell asleep. The rest of the day she was sore, but doing better, taking the pain medicine. Then last night she was better, and was able to sleep all night; but this AM it started again, evidently the evil thing was on the move again; this time the pain was lower. So she spent another day today in a lot of pain. The doctor saw her today and checked her urine again. He said that it probably was either close to passing or where it could pass. He also thought she needed antibiotic for a urinary infection. She could have had a renal CT, but that is big $$$$ and right now she has no insurance; so unless things do not improve we will not do that. He said that it wasn't necessary unless things did not improve. So far they seem to be improving. We are praying she passes it soon, or that the symptoms resolve.

The really interesting thing is that 22 years ago is when I had my first kidney stone and I was pregnant with Bethany. I was 21 years old at the time. Bethany is 21 years old now. How odd is that. Even odder is that is was almost exactly to the day. I was in the hospital 10/2 and today is 10/1, 22 years later. It was a month and a half before I had her. I was 22 when I had her and she will be 22 in Nov. Thought that was definitely interesting. Please join me in praying for her. Thanks!

1 comment:

Nina said...

How well I remember 22 years ago the kidney stone episode right before Bethany was born.

Praying Bethany gets over this soon and no complications from it.

Love and prayers