Sunday, December 30, 2007

Reflecting

As this year comes to a close it makes me think of those that I lost in 2006 and early 2007. Just felt that a tribute to them was something I wanted to share.


My dear friend, Dawn; who always made me smile and always had a smile on her face, even when the days were not so good for her. She was very strong and courageous woman; who fought a battle with cancer. I'm thankful she is in no more pain, and is in heaven today.

May 21, 1967 - August 11, 2006
My dearest Grandma (my mom's mother). What an amazing woman she was. We all loved her dearly. What a inspiration she was to me. One thing about her that was truly amazing was that she did not complain; she accepted whatever circumstance she was in. I still miss her wonderful smile and great hugs. She always made me feel special, and loved.
October 9, 1920 - October 12, 2006

My dear Granna (my dad's mom), who was an amazing woman as well. I will always treasure the memories I have of her, especially the Thanksgiving meals we had at her house, and when I stayed at her house when I was in school, if I was sick; she always made me a bed on her couch, and made me feel special.

December 12, 1911 - January 10, 2007


Each of these dear people I WILL see again one day, as they all three had accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, and there is no doubt of where they are today; in heaven with our dear Savior who sent His son so long ago, to die for us. I pray that you too have a personal relationship with Him, so I will see you in heaven as well one day.

As I reflect on the past and look forward to the future, I pray that I can have a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ this year, and be the best wife and mother to my husband, and two daughters. May you all feel His love as you embark on another year to draw close to Him, as well.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly!! What a lovely post to honor your loved ones!! ((BIG HUGS))!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi sweets,
What lovely photos summing up the year that was, and what beautiful tribute photos to Dawn and both your grandmothers. I can see that each has lefta footprint on your heart...one that you will treasure forever.

Praying that 2008 will hold many joys and blessings for you and your dear family. May God hold you in the palm of His hand as you seek to serve Him.

Happy New Year from Australia...it's 45 minutes into 2008 here already! I'm off to bed.

Love you lots, me xx