UPDATE (evening of Friday, April 18) Well we had several after shocks and then at 10:20 another quake. It wasn't near as long as the first one, but the intensity was pretty close. I think they are saying it was a 4. something on the scale. It was the rumbling again. All of us are okay, and everything at our house seems to be intact. There was at least 3, maybe 4 aftershocks between the two. We've been up since 4:37, so I'm getting tired. It was the talk of the town today. Our church evidently has some pretty significant damage to it.
First POST:
We were awaken out of sleep at at 4:37AM with our bed shaking, our whole house shaking. It was very scary, very horrible. I went running to the girls room; it was still shaking when I got there, shook it seemed like for a very long time. It was over 30 seconds, not sure exactly how long. The preliminary report is that it was a 5.2 on the Richter scale. We are all okay; but so scary. It just makes me feel so badly for those that have them worse. It makes you evaluate what we have. We had several things fall off shelves and pictures fall over. We haven't went outside yet, but it seems everything else here is intact. Of course it woke us all up. It was extreme shaking for most of it. I'm just so very thankful we are all okay. It just makes you afraid it will happen again. Hope everyone else is okay.
Friday, April 18, 2008
EARTHQUAKE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
God is so good to protect you all, and I sure know how frightening earthquakes can be. We have had them here like that too, and they are not at all nice. We lived near a fault line at Bowral & we were close to the epi-centre of that one. I'm so pleased you are all fine, but that size as we know shakes things around a lot, and it is very frightening while it lasts. I hope Bruce had a better night and is doing better today.
Eeek! Scary. I live in earthquake country, so I feel your pain! (And I grew up in Alaska - lots of earthquakes there...)
Anyway, wanted to stop by and thank you for your visit! Have a great weekend!
The earthquake was scary. I didn't feel it or anything, but saw it on the news. They were saying here it was a 5.2. I am glad you are ok.
Have a nice weekend. ((BIG HUGS))!!
Oh no, another earthquake, and now you're so sick as well. Terrible timing with Marisa's prom, but how sweet of Tina to step into your shoes. I hope Marisa had a wodnerful evening, and I hope that you were able to somehow get dressed and go even for a little while. please get well real soon. love you lots. xxoo
Hi sweetie,
Oh no, obviously you are still not doing well after that horrible tummy bug. Keeping you in my prayers. I hope Marisa's prom went really well for her. Please get well real soon.
Luv you lots. xx
Post a Comment