Monday, April 21, 2008

I don't like after shocks

Okay we had another after shock at 12 something last night, early morning, whichever way you want to put it. My husband and I both woke with a start and said "Oh another one". It was very short, and over just as you realized it was doing it, but a hard jolt none the less. Okay that's enough is what we are saying. We certainly don't like it.

Our church has some pretty severe damage and we are not sure what is going to happen with it. As of now we cannot have services there. Not sure what we will do about Awana on Wed night. We had services on Sun at the local high school and just had one service. So some decisions will be made this week about what we will do. It's a very old building, well over 100 years. Our Pastor was even on the news tonight. They have the block all around it marked off.

I am over my illness, which I am grateful. Still praying no one else I know gets it; it was pretty brutal. Thankfully it didn't last very many days; but unfortunately the days mine were sure wasn't at a good time, but when is sickness at a good time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, enough already of those earthquakes! Such a shame about the damage to your church. I hope something good can come out of it. Don't worry with trying to write, I know you just got home, and you need to get to bed.

Luv ya. xx

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a lovely weekend. Dan will be here this weekend with his mummy and daddy...yeah! Luv ya. xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly, I'm so sorry to hear about the quake and damage to your church! I will be in prayer for you all. My goodness Marissa was just beautiful. I loved her dress, her handsome date too. *smiles* I hope the evening was truly magical for her. Love and ~hugs~