Sunday, March 23, 2008

Jesus Lives Forevermore!!!


What a blessed Easter we had. We woke this morning and my dear hubby fixed scrambled eggs to take to our breakfast at church. We were able to have one service together at our local high school since our church is too small now to have everyone in one service (normally we have 2 AM services). We have been having a combined service for several years at our local high school (which is where Marisa goes to school). So we went there at 9AM for the breakfast, and then our service was at 10AM. How blessed it was to worship together and know that we serve a RISEN SAVIOUR.

After church we came home and changed clothes and went to my moms for lunch. My sister and family were there, as well as my brother and his wife. His son is away at college right now.



Of course I must show a photo of my lovely grown up daughters as well. It seems the years have flown by when they would wake up on Easter morning I would dress them in their adorable outfits, most years matching, of course. But of course now they dress themselves and fix their hair themselves; well sometimes now Bethany does our hair for us (since she's the family beautician now, and has a license to do so). Time goes by so quickly, we must all cherish the moments. Now they are beautiful young ladies that I love very much.

Well now that my daughters are grown up they hide the eggs for their cousins; who are 8, 5, and 2 (almost 3). Sadly though Tabi is not feeling well and fell asleep as we were hiding the eggs, so the two older ones had to do all the egg hunting. We filled some with M&Ms and some with nickels, dimes, or quarters. Here they are when we said "GO" as they came down the stairs. They were so excited. I'm sure you can see the excitement on their faces even in this small photo. They had a ball. The eggs were quickly found. It's so good though that these two small children know the true meaning of Easter and that Jesus died for them, and rose again. They too know him as their Savior and know that the Easter bunny is just pretend.

After Tabi awoke she had some ice cream, so I had to add this adorable photo of her. She is a Dollie and acts so adorable. We all love her so much.




Also we were able to tell my mother the surprise that we have in store for her this week. Her birthday is on Tuesday and we have a special thing planned for her. My family along with my sisters family will be taking her and my dad on a short trip. We are going to the Creation Museum near Cincinnati and also to probably the Newport Aquarium. We thought about the zoo, but most likely it will be too chilly for that; so the Aquarium was our next choice. We can't wait. We love to spend time together and this will be a very welcome retreat for all of us. She was very surprised and had no idea we had it all planned. Everyone was so excited to get to tell her today. So we will have a short get away this week and we can't wait. The girls are out of school for spring break and Bethany is taking off work as well as Bruce, Travis, and I; so it all worked out to have a family get away together. Will take lots of photos and share some of those as well. I must end with my adorable nieces in their Easter outfits.

Sweet Tia



Precious TaraKate


And Cutie Pie, Tabi!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly!! I am so glad you had a nice Easter. I went to bed last night and just thanked God for such a wonderful service. It was amazing and just really got you into the feeling of Easter. It was a great day. I thought about the service all day.
I go back to work latr today, I wanted to try andget in some more visits..LOL! Have a nice week!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

Anonymous said...

I meant to add, yes absolutely, I've already talked to Dave, and we will make sure we see you while we're in the US. That is one of my "must do's" and Dave and the kids are fine with that. Do you have any idea how far it is from Detroit to you?

Darylynn said...

Hi Kimberly! What a lovely Easter you had and I enjoyed all the photos. What a nice surprise you have planned for your mother's birthday! Have a wonderful week ahead! (((Hugz)))

Anonymous said...

Praying you have a safe and wonderful trip. You're probably just about there. Happy birthday to your beautiful sweet Mom. Treasured memories are so precious, so enjoy every moment of adding to yours with your dear family over the next few days. Luv you lots...have fun! xx